They are both such sweet boys and we are having so much fun! Yes, twins are tons of work and most days I'm totally exhausted by 7:00 P.M., but I feel so honored to be a mommy to these 2 boys! I've heard so many people say that the Lord knows who to give multiples to (and usually the person telling me that assures me she is NOT one of them!) and I guess He knew that I that I would absolutely love it!
Hunter and Hays are both sleeping great now! They go to bed at 7:30 and then I wake them up at 10:00 to fill up their bellies one more time. They go right back down and then sleep until anywhere in between 5:45-7:00! Hays usually wakes up at 5:45, but stares at his mobile until about 6:15 (I know I should be sleeping, but I watch him on the video monitor). He starts fussing about that time so I go get him and we cuddle on the couch until Hunter wakes up. I feed them at 7:00 and that's when our day begins.
They are definitely beginning to notice each other. They will often smile at each other while nursing or playing on the activity mat. This is my favorite thing they do right now! It's so sweet!
I couldn't get Hays to smile while holding a camera in front of my face!
Will dressed Hays and his pajamas are on backwards :)
I had to supplement with Leighton and the best advice I received was from my dad. He said not to mix breast & bottle feeding but to offer as much formula as the child wants(4-6 oz) 2 times a day, 12 hours apart. I did that and she gained weight like crazy, I didn't have to prepare and wash bottles every time I nursed & Rich got to give her the evening bottle. Win-win b/c he could spend time with her and I could do something else for a few minutes. You're doing great!
ReplyDelete