Happy New Years from the Hospital!!! So, here is our drama...On Monday, December 28th I was admitted to the hospital in Tupelo because I was leaking amniotic fluid. We were here for Christmas visiting my family when I noticed several symptoms that rose some red flags. Thanks to the encouragement of 2 friends that made me go get everything checked out, here I am! At first it was pretty scary and very emotional because we had no idea what was going on. After a rough check in with many failed attempts of iv sticks AND a failed attempt at a catheter urine sample, we were finally able to see the boys on an ultrasound and everything was better. We found out that only Hunter's water had broken and it was leaking very slowly. They measure the amniotic fluid in 4 quadrants around the baby and Hunter's measured 4 cm, while Hays' measured 15 cm. Even though that seems really low, the doctor explained how a baby in their 3rd trimester can survive with low amniotic fluid a lot easier that a baby in their 2nd. Both boys' heart rates and movement looked excellent which meant that neither baby was in any kind of distress due to the low fluid. So, the plan is to stay in the hospital here (a transfer to Birmingham could only happen by ambulance and was decided to be too dangerous by the doctor here and also our Birmingham doctor) until the babies come. If I haven't gone into labor by January 12th, then I will be induced and the boys will be delivered at 34 weeks exactly. Between now and then, we will be having some boring days in the hospital bed!! Here are some pictures of our 5 days so far in no particular order...
So glad everyone is healthy! Praying for a safe delivery (and a quick, not-so-very-boring two weeks until then)! Love you!
ReplyDeleteKendall, we are praying for you and for the boys. Thank you for the post with all its details, and all the pictures, too. What a beautiful big belly!! May all your waiting for the birth be blessed with joy-- The Lord bless you all! Love, Karen
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and those boys! I am so thankful they are still doing well despite the leak. I pray for a safe delivery when the time comes. I hope this time passes by quickly!
ReplyDeleteCard games and Hallmark movies are a great way to pass the time! Glad things are ok. Praying for you both!
ReplyDeleteHey Kendall and Will!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and the safe delivery of your precious boys. They are such a gift and miracle, and we are so thankful to be sharing in this journey of faith with you. If you get bored and can, give us a call anytime! Love you!
Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteKendall, I'm praying for you, Will, and the boys!!
ReplyDeletelove,
Emily