Overall the trip was a success! It took us 12 hours to get there because of traffic and stops. The boys slept GREAT in their car seats and even had awake time too. They did great the first night in the hotel and even made it a 4 hour stretch between both feedings, which is rare! After the first night, they decided that they didn't want to go back to sleep in their pack-n-plays and they would rather sleep with mommy and daddy :) This is something we NEVER do at home, but being in a hotel was a little different. At home, I usually give them several minutes to soothe themselves even if that means crying for awhile. I was so paranoid in the hotel that everyone down the hall could hear! So, I would run in at every peep and put their pacis in. After awhile, Will and I decided how much easier it would be to just put them in the bed. It's crazy how we weren't even touching them or anything, but you could tell they loved it! I was terrified that I had ruined them and when we got home I would pay for it, but they have adjusted back to life in their cribs :)
We spent the majority of the time strolling them.

We took one of our naps on the floor in Daddy's booth!

We played on the activity mat a lot!


Hays rolled over!!!! I knew he had done it before because I would put him on his belly, walk away, come back, and he would be on his back. However, I had never seen him do it until the trip. Yeah Hays!!
Come on Buddy. You can do it!

He also started smiling, but it is impossible to get a picture because it's very sporadic. This is the best I can do for now...

We fed them bottles at the booth sometimes.
Scout had fun too!
And, we couldn't have done anything without the help of Cindy and Clay! Thank you so much!!!
i am so very proud of you... you are my hero! i was scared to take 1 baby on a road trip at 2 months... you guys are amazing! :) looks like it was fun, but now that you are home - I MUST GET MY HANDS ON THEM!!!!
ReplyDeleteboys - aunt katie loves and misses you!
I'm glad you guys had a great trip. I think it's easier to travel with kids when they're immobile! lol
ReplyDeleteSo impressed and glad it went well!
ReplyDelete