April 27th is a day I feel like I will always remember. A tornado came through our area and many houses were destroyed. We felt completely blessed by the lack of damage done to our home and are so thankful that we were spared. I was home by myself with Hunter and Hays! Will left early that morning to catch a flight out of Birmingham and we were in constant contact about the weather. He debated going, but after talking to a pilot he knows, he felt it was safe to go. WELL...I was up getting ready and at about 6:30 I happen to look out my blinds in our bathroom and saw debris flying everywhere!! Seriously, one look and I knew I had never seen wind like that! I ran as fast as I could upstairs and grabbed the boys out of their cribs. I was shaking! We ran down into my closet, grabbed a flashlight and a book and shut the door. We do have a tornado shelter, but there was no time to get in it. At this point, cell phones weren't working anymore and the power had already gone out. I tried so hard to remain calm for the boys, even though my heart was beating out of my chest! We read that book by flash light for about 20 minutes and they never cried or thought anything was abnormal. I didn't move until Will finally got through to me(he was in PANIC MODE and left the airport as soon as he heard!). I still didn't know what to expect and as I walked into our sunroom, the tears started to fall. My mind began to see what could have happened. The scariest by far was this tree...
an enormous Pecan tree that could have easily fallen the other direction.
Lord, thank you for protecting our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment